Established in 1996, the Cremation Society of Virginia, located in Richmond and serving Central Virginia, is the only funeral service in the Commonwealth dedicated solely to promoting cremation. We were the first cremation society in Virginia and, while others have adopted our name or a similar name, we are independent and not affiliated with any other cremation societies.
The Cremation Society of Virginia is the largest cremation provider in the Commonwealth and is dedicated to:
- Offering the public dignified alternative to elaborate - and expensive - funeral services.
- Promoting preplanning of cremation arrangements, thus assuring an individual’s legally binding instructions will be followed.
- Educating the public about cremation and the wide range of options that are available.
- Lessening the burden, both financial and emotional, which is placed upon surviving family members at a most difficult time.
- Providing a pre-payment plan that will guarantee performance of our services in the future and ensure that the funds will cover the costs of services selected at the time of death.
- Operating a Virginia based company which the public can trust to maintain the highest quality standard and ethics when it comes to providing cremation services.